Unipreg® General Information
Unipreg® is a unidirectional carbon fiber prepreg which can be used in all applications where excellent mechanical and physical properties are required. The main advantages of Unipreg® are:
- Resin system (epoxy) was selected to fully impregnate the unidirectional carbon filaments through its thickness and achieve the best adhesion between the fiber and the matrix in composite.
- All filaments are tensioned and absolutely parallel so the prepreg can fully utilize the properties of every single fiber, thereby the composite has excellent physical-mechanical properties.
- Excellent suitability for structural components.
- The thickness of the prepreg along the width is constant.
- All the physical parameters have very strict tolerance so the weight, resin/fiber content, thickness, width are very precise.
- Silicon paper is used to separate layers which are not coated but impregnated by silicone.
- There is no need of additional fabric or net to constrain the filament.
- Packed by one 14-15 kg reel in the box.
|Area weight (standard)
|Area weight (custom)*
||30 g/m2 - 400 g/m2|
|Production width||max – 600 mm|
|Core diameter||300 mm|
|Core length||700 mm|
|Resin content||25 - 45 % (±1%)|
|Curing temperature||80 °C - 150 °C|
|Tg||70 °C - 140 °C|
|Shelf life at ambient temperature (20 °C)||4 months|
|Shelf life at -18 °C||18 months|
|Toray Industries, Inc.
||30 g/m2 - 49 g/m2|
|Zoltek Corporation||Panex® 35 Continuous Tow
||50 g/m2 - 400 g/m2|
* This information is based on our present state of knowledge. UNICARBON® cannot guarantee that the data listed above will be achieved with other processes.