Unidry® General Information
Unidry® is a unidirectional carbon fiber dry fabric which can be used in all applications where excellent mechanical and physical properties are required. The main advantages of Unidry® are:
- All filaments are tensioned and absolutely parallel so the fabric can fully utilize the properties of every single fiber, thereby the composite has excellent physical-mechanical properties.
- All split filaments are removed.
- All filaments are strictly parallel, not twisted to the right or to the left.
- Thickness over the whole fabric’s width is consistent.
- All the physical parameters have very strict tolerance so the weight, fiber content, thickness, width are very precise.
- Excellent suitability for structural components.
- Filaments are constrained by very thin (76 dtex) polyester scrim (3.5 g/m2).
- The surface of filaments are smooth, therefore Unidry® ribbon is very handy to process.
- Unidry® ribbon of 600 mm can be divided into 2-6 parts (with gaps between).
- Packed by one 14-15 kg reel in the box.
|Area weight (standard)
|Area weight (custom)*
||30 g/m2 - 400 g/m2|
|Production width||max – 600 mm|
|Bonding lay||76 dtex polyester scrim on 1 or 2 sides (3.5 g/m2) to keep together the carbon structure|
|Resin system compatibility||Epoxy
|Core diameter||150 mm|
|Core length||700 mm|
|Toray Industries, Inc.
||30 g/m2 - 49 g/m2|
|Zoltek Corporation||Panex® 35 Continuous Tow
||50 g/m2 - 400 g/m2|
*This information is based on our present state of knowledge. UNICARBON® cannot guarantee that the data listed above will be achieved with other processes.